Weeks of Welcome has identified six key engagement areas for WOW 2020. By focusing on these engagement areas for all WOW events, we hope to create a well-rounded experience for all UA students. All events submitted should fall into 1-2 of the engagement areas listed below.
- Academic Success – Students will participate in programs which foster understanding of university resources and personnel aimed at academic transition and preparedness.
- Community and Connection – Students will discover the importance of getting involved, the various involvement opportunities on UA’s campus and how those connections can help create community at UA.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Students will be provided opportunities to listen, learn, and connect with identity-based groups to empower them to build a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Health and Wellness – Students will learn the importance of taking care of their physical and mental health and will become aware of support services related to holistic wellness.
- Self-Exploration – Students will explore their own identity and interests, including personal and professional development.
- Transition to UA and Tuscaloosa – Students will connect with various resources and services that exist on UA’s campus and around the Tuscaloosa community to help in their transition to the Capstone.