University Programs is thrilled to introduce a new event series for Spring 2021, Welcome Back Weeks! We are thrilled to offer a series of programming to welcome you back home for the spring semester. Welcome Back Weeks will take place January 31- February 13, 2021.
University Programs has identified six key engagement areas for Welcome Back Weeks. By focusing on these engagement areas for all WBW events, we hope to create a well-rounded experience for all UA students. All events will fall into 1-2 of the engagement areas listed below.
- Academic Success – Students will participate in programs which foster understanding of university resources and personnel aimed at academic transition and preparedness.
- Community and Connection – Students will discover the importance of getting involved, the various involvement opportunities on UA’s campus and how those connections can help create community at UA.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Students will be provided opportunities to listen, learn, and connect with identity-based groups to empower them to build a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Health and Wellness – Students will learn the importance of taking care of their physical and mental health and will become aware of support services related to holistic wellness.
- Self-Exploration – Students will explore their own identity and interests, including personal and professional development.
- Transition to UA and Tuscaloosa – Students will connect with various resources and services that exist on UA’s campus and around the Tuscaloosa community to help in their transition to the Capstone.
Are you a department or student organization interested in partnering with University Programs for Welcome Back Weeks? Complete our Welcome Back Weeks Event Proposal form to be included on the WBW calendar.
Interested, but need more information? We’d love to set up a meeting with you to share more! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Follow University Programs on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to stay up-to-date on all Welcome Back Weeks and UP events!