The Event Resource Request process was established to assist registered student organizations and university departments with events to build community and inclusivity on campus.
- Eligible recipients are UA departments and active student organizations registered through the Source in good standing with the University of Alabama.
- The funding must be for an on-campus program or event for UA students that aligns with UA Student Life’s strategic goals. General organization meetings (including recruitment) will not be approved.
- Event proposals must be submitted at least one month in advance of the proposed event
The committee will consider the following when reviewing applications:
- The group/event’s alignment with UA Student Life’s strategic goals
- The event’s benefit to the University, student body or community
- The total cost of the event and items/support requested
Event Resource Requests are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. All applicants will be expected to meet with Student Engagement staff to discuss event details and logistics. All requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event date.
Student Engagement may be able to provide the following support for your event:
- Financial Assistance: Student Engagement can provide funds to assist with various event costs such as catering, room fees, entertainment expenses, etc. Please note that all approved funds are based on University of Alabama Policy and Procedure.
- Advertising and Publicity Assistance: Student Engagement has a communications team skilled to assist in graphic design and the creation of promotional materials. In addition, we can support and promote your event using the resources outlined in the application.
- Event Consulting: Student Engagement can work with your team to offer insight into how to most efficiently and effectively plan your event. We can ensure that your event complies with UA policies and help to mitigate any potential risks or unforeseen needs.
- Videography and Photography: Student Engagement can assist with event documentation, publicity, and branding exposure.
Funding for each event or program is the responsibility of the primary sponsoring organization or department; however, supplemental funding through Student Engagement may be available. Interested groups must submit event proposals for review and consideration at least one month in advance of the proposed event. All proposals should comply with the following guidelines:
- Incomplete applications or applications from individuals not affiliated with a student organization or UA department will not be considered.
- The budget request submitted in the proposal should be consistent with the actual program costs.
- If proposal is approved, you must recognize Student Engagement as a co‐sponsor in your event advertising and submit a draft of all promotional materials for approval before released to public.
- All programming proposals must be submitted at least one month prior to the proposed event date.
- Please allow two weeks from the date of submission for a reply.
- Should the primary sponsoring organization fail to comply with these guidelines, Student Engagement reserves the right to ask that any donated funds be returned.
- Event attendance must be tracked through mySource.
Submit a Request
Complete the Event Resource Request Form to request support from Student Engagement for your event. Please note: All requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event date.
Event Resource Request Form
Questions? Contact University Programs.